Sunday 31 July 2016

Day 20 - Atlanta

Today was Atlanta. This is Turner Field's last year, it is being torn down and replaced. Although the current version isn't too bad. 


The day got off to a fun start, there was a ground stop at the Tampa airport due to lighting 


We held in the air for 20 minutes going into Atlanta due to weather in the area. I wasn't sure if we were holding or if maybe my colleague Andrew J got hired by the FAA and we were being subject to his radar vectoring skills. 


We were less than 5 minutes from deviating to another airport when we got the all clear and landed in Atlanta. 


It was a battle of last place teams so I wasn't expecting a large crowd. I was wrong.  Not only was it large, they were dancing and singing out by the center field gate. 



It took me a while to find my seat. "Where's section 204?" "it's over at the other side of the stadium with the rest of the even numbers" 


The "oblivious cam", these two were on the big screen for almost 4 minutes before they realized it 


They had a pretty good run of division titles here


They still do the "tomahawk chop" and there are a few fans running looking like this 


Now I am at another airport at 5am and will be flying Detroit for an afternoon game against the Astros, 1st pitch is in 8 hours. 


 


 


 

 



 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment