Monday 1 August 2016

Day 21- Detroit

Today I took an 8 am flight from Atlanta to Detroit. Remember when I said the Kansas City airport was a long way from town? Well they've got nothing on Detroit. 

I spent about an hour wandering around downtown Detroit before the game. Even for a Sunday, the streets were oddly quit. It wasn't until I got within a few blocks of the ball park that I actually saw people.



Comerica Park in Detroit is really cool. It has that old school feel to it and on the outside it is surrounded by tiger statues.




On the inside there is a nice back drop of downtown 


And a Ferris wheel (I'm assuming it's for the kids)


Larry, who I met at the Twins game said Detroit was one of his favourite parks. I'd have to agree with him, it is a very cool park.  And the Tiger, although it is not as intimidating as a baby bear, is a good idea for a team mascot.

It was a fun game for Detroit fans as they beat the Astros 11-0.  After the game the skies opened up so I spent the evening watching the Cubs game in the hotel lounge with 6 other Cubs fans. I forgot how close I was to Chicago.

Now I'm on the Greyhound and heading to Cleveland, with any luck I will have time to check out the rock and roll hall of fame, I heard a rumour that the Mildooies are in there.



 
 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment