Saturday 30 July 2016

Game 19 - Tampa

The bus ride from Miami to Tampa was interesting. When it rains here, it rains so hard it stops traffic. We ran into 3 "showers" along the way that brought the interstate to a halt.    

The Tropicana Field is actually in St Petersburg so I still had a bit of travelling to do once I checked into my hotel. 



I found a sports bar across the street 

And met this guy 

Turns out he is one of the original designers of Tropicana Field and he had some great stories (want to know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?). He also has been a regular at Fergs Sports Bar since it was converted from an old gas station 30 years ago. 

After seeing the rain they get here, I now understand why this place has a roof 


It also has a pool in centerfield like Miami, but instead of people they filled it with Manta Rays


There is a hitters hall of fame exhibit here that is worth the trip if you are a baseball fan.  

Today I fly up to Atlanta for game number 20, and it's laundry day again. 



 






 


 



 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment