Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 4.5 San Diego-All Star Game

Today my goal was to wait patiently for ticket prices to drop. I went to Old Town, a great place if you need some root beer, ice cream, or if you want to dip your own candle 
Then I went down by the airport to hear some airplane noise 
The USS Midway is a museum now so I went inside
Feels like work....

 
3 hours prior to game time I still didn't have a ticket. I was hoping prices would drop a but. I then got a text from the group I met at the Home run derby and they said they were saving me a seat in the same section as the night before. Seating there was not assigned and first come first served. So onto stubhub I went and grabbed a ticket. 
The opening ceremonies were impressive 
In the 7th inning a friend of one of the people I was with called to say there were empty seats behind them over by 3rd base, so we upgraded ourselves 
The game was good, the NL was behind by 2 and had the bases loaded in the 8th but lost anyways. So I guess I will only watch 3 World Series home games at Wrigley in October. There are no games the next two games due to the All Star Break, so I'm on the train to Oceanside tomorrow for a couple beach days, or whatever they do there.


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment