Wednesday 10 August 2016

Day 30 - Wrigley Field

Wow, what a day! I arrived by train in Chicago at 930 at met up with my wife, her sister, and her mother. They made the trip from Edmonton to share this day with me.  

After lunch we made our way to Wrigley. 


It was 3 hours before game time but the streets were already filled with blue. The vibe here is amazing, even my non baseball fan sister in law was impressed. 


The rooftops


We went to Murphy's for a beer. It's a great spot outside the centre field gate. 


And yes, I ate a hot dog too! 


This view never gets old


Unlike other parks where people are still filtering into their seats in the 2nd inning, at Wrigley fans are in their seats before the 1st pitch. 


What a great place to watch a game. The crowd is into every pitch, there are no signs telling you to clap or make noise, there are no hot dogs racing around the park, and again the view...


I was also fortunate to have a buddy fly in from Hong Kong to join us. 


My sister organized a gift bag for me that arrived in the 5th inning.


The game was great, Bryant hit a home run onto Waveland Ave, and there were some outstanding defensive plays.  Harry Carey sang the stretch, and the Cubs won. I'm now 1-6 at Wrigley. 

It was an outstanding way to end my adventure, watching a baseball game in the best park in baseball while being able to share it with family and friends.

We'll catch another game from the bleachers today.  As Ernie Banks would say "let's play two!" 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment