Monday 8 August 2016

Day 28 - Chicago (White Sox)

I made it to Chicago, not that Chicago, the southside, home of the White Sox.  

I have to say, this is the first time I've been disappointed walking into a ballpark. 

In every other park, no matter where you're seated, you have access to all other levels (except the clubs).  This allows you (at any time) to walk on the lower levels, get a nice view of the field, take a walk around the park, etc.

Not here, I was on the upper deck and was restricted to that deck. Walking in I was kept outside the park until I made my way up to the 5th deck and had to stay there.


I could see the lower level thru a window 


There was some decent tailgate action in the parking lot


And a nice view of downtown 


I found some more barriers 

And then found the park


Sitting and watching the game allowed to to reflect, I really have nothing to complain about. It really is a first world problem and I am super fortunate to be able to do this.

I enjoyed the game and saw a bit of history, Machado hit a home run in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd innings. He's only the 2nd person ever to do that.  And the Sox lost 10-2, karma sucks. 

Today I'm taking the train up to Milwaukee to see the Brewers at Miller Park, and tomorrow I'm on the train to Wrigley Field.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment