Thursday 4 August 2016

Day 24 - New York (Yankees)

Since I didn't have a plane or train to catch I spent the majority of the day wandering around Manhattan. 



Where the Twin Towers once stood are water fountains surrounded by the names of the people inside and on the planes. 



The game at Yankee Stadium started at 7 and I got there around 530. 


The new stadium is nice, but based on my experiences at Fenway and Wrigley, I can only imagine what the old one would have been like. Probably awesome. 


They kept the white facade look from the old stadium.


There's a large hall with portraits of previous Yankees players 


Saw a little league game thru the window across the street.


It was a sold out crowd for the game against the Mets. The crowd was loud. There was almost a brawl on the field and I'm sure there were a few in the stands. 




After the game I took a detour thru Times Square on the way to my hotel. I tried to get s picture with drink Elmo and Batman but I guess it cost $20 


Today is a quick trip by train to Philidelphia, the land of the Philly Cheese Steak, and the Phillies. Game time is 105.



 


 


 




 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment