Wednesday 3 August 2016

Day 23 - New York (Mets)

The next few days I will be in New York as the Mets and Yankees are playing each other in Citi Field and Yankee Stadium. 

I flew into Laguardia airport and arrived at 1130.  There was a nice view of downtown on the way in. 


My hotel, while nice, is located right next to the 7 train.

I figured that if I can sleep on a train, I should be able to sleep beside one.  Plus I get a nice massage every time it goes by and shakes the building. Saves me having to put quarters in the bed. 

I arrived at City Field just after 530 for the 7pm start.



I took my mom to a game here a few years ago against the Cubs.  We sat in the section above the "Get out there and play sign". Which is ironic, that is something she would say. She didn't like baseball but she was just ecstatic to be anywhere in New York. Love you mom.


Every airplane that takes off from Laguardia had to stay over the river and the ball park to avoid nearby residential areas. That meant there was a plane overhead every few minutes. Pretty cool if you're an airplane geek.


I found the big apple 


And dinner...


The game was really fun as there was a playoff game atmosphere inside the ballpark. 

My seats were up in the 5th deck. One guy had the right idea, no matter how high you are, always bring your glove to the park. 


You know that feeling you get when you walk to the upper deck and you realize that your still have to climb 28 rows? 


Today feels kinda weird, it is the 1st day in about 3 weeks that I have not needed to travel anywhere. The game at Yankee Stadium doesn't start until 7pm so going to go downtown and check out the sights.  


 




 


 



 


 


 


 






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment