Tuesday 9 August 2016

Day 29 - Milwaukee

I made it to Miller Park (no relation) 


Being the next to final stop of this trip all I could think about was what was coming up tomorrow. It's Wrigley Field eve!  And I get to see my wife! And....I'm turning 40. 

But first things first, I have a ball game to watch. The roof at Miller Park is retractable and very large. 


I'm jealous of the people who get to play ball in this nearby park


Walking around the outside you can get glimpses of the field. 


The roof looks even bigger from the inside.



There's a slide in left field but you have to be a mascot to use it. Bernie the Brewer will slide down this after every Brewer home run....so there is a bit of dust on it. 


There's a climbing wall in right field that is open to the public.


My seats were behind home plate, I almost got a foul ball. One landed 4 seats to my left, It wouldn't have felt right to take out a mother and her daughter to get it. 


One of the great things in this park is that broadcast Bob Eucker calling the game over speakers in the concourses. You can actually here him from your seat if you are in the last few rows of each section.

The game was good and went 12 innings.  The home team lost but they're not my home team so it didn't bother me.


Now it's 7 am and I'm at the train station. Big day ahead, my wife, her sister and mom will meet me in Chicago. I also have a buddy flying in from Hong Kong for the game.  Plus the big 40 at Wrigley and the end of this incredible trip. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. 




 


 



 


 
 


 
 

 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment