Friday 5 August 2016

Day 25 - Philly

It was a nice quick train ride today from New York to Philadelphia.  The game started at 1pm and I got into town just after 9 and took a quick tour around the historic district.


I arrived at the park at 1130


My seats were on the 3rd deck 

After the 7th inning, I went for a walk down on the lower levels. That's one of the great things about these parks, you can walk around the entire field and usually find standing room spots with great views.




In my opinion, the Phanatic has to be the best mascot in sports. He (she?) was fun to watch. At one point he was taunting the opposing pitcher from the top of the dugout. 


Philly was a nice park and a great city, but all I could think about was Pittsburgh today. Everywhere I go people are saying Pittsburgh is their favourite park, and it turns out the quickest way to fly to Pittsburgh from Philadelphia involves a connection thru Chicago....maybe I should have drove this leg.


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment