Sunday 7 August 2016

Day 27 - St Louis

Sorry Cubs fans, but St Louis was really cool. I had time before the game to check out the arch. It's really impressive. I thought was made of stone but it's actually stainless steel. 


I then made my way down to the park


Ball Park Village is an area outside left field that is open to the public.



There's a really big sports bar 


There's a green space and playground that broadcasts the game on the big screen for those that do not have tickets


There's a rooftop seating area to watch the game from. I wonder where they got that idea. 


I met a father and son from Indianapolis that drive up for the game. There are three generations of baseball fans in this picture. 


There was also a nice are with statues of past Cardinals players 

I was deep into enemy territory in this park. Can you see the Cubs fan in the  sea of red? Like my buddy Paul said, I had to be strong, the force is strong in the dark side.


Again, some more awesome views from inside the park.




Today I fly into the southside of Chicago to see the White Sox. Tomorrow is Milwaukee and then Tuesday, Wrigley Field.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment